MassEVolves Participation Pledge
is pleased to submit our Participation Pledge in MassEVolves.
supports opportunities to secure cleaner air and a stronger economy across Massachusetts. Massachusetts has a statewide goal of replacing 300,000 traditional cars with Zero Emission Vehicles (ZEVs) by 2025, and we agree ZEVs will deliver substantial economic and environmental benefits to our state.
We pledge to create and implement a ZEV Action Plan outlining the steps we will take in support of these goals. Elements of our ZEV Action Plan might include:
• Installing electric vehicle charging at our facilities that can be used by our fleets, employees, and, if appropriate, our customers & community.
• Using ZEVs for our own fleets (either those we
own or lease).
• Promoting the use of ZEVs throughout our vendor supply chain, including those vehicles used on our
campuses via subcontractors, service and
• Supporting ZEV use among our employees by supporting purchase/lease incentives and sponsoring at least one annual ZEV information day for our team (and if appropriate, our community) with a MASS DRIVE CLEAN event.
• Supporting ZEV use more broadly among our customers, community, and visitors to our facilities through our support for charging and participation in ongoing statewide ZEV awareness campaigns like MASS DRIVE CLEAN.
MassEVolves will provide:
• Recognition for leading companies promoting ZEVs in the state of Massachusetts.
• Information resources related to ZEV adoption, including vehicle charging, fleets, incentives, and ZEV-related outreach.
Our ZEV Action Plan will outline anticipated implementation steps and the broader ZEV deployment goals that guide our efforts. Each year we will share our progress to date and update our plan accordingly. We will share our first draft ZEV Action Plan with MassEVolves within four months of submitting this pledge and will finalize our plan no later than six months after submitting pledge.
We recognize that MassEVolves promotes aggressive adoption of ZEVs, including 100% battery electric vehicles, plug-in hybrids, and hydrogen fuel cell electrics, as crucial components of a zero-carbon transport system for our state. In that context, as we develop our ZEV Action Plan we will remain cognizant of and promote, as appropriate, other low-carbon transport modes such as walking, cycling and public transport.
Download and Sign PDF
Click here to download and digitally sign the MassEVolves Pledge. Then upload the signed pdf to complete your pledge submission.
MassEvolves is a statewide recognition program promoting ZEV procurement and promotion activities by leading organizations in Massachusetts. The initiative is conducted as a public/private partnership between the non-profit Recharge America and the state of Massachusetts. Recharge America is a 501(c)3 non-profit whose goal is to promote local economic and community development by accelerating the pace of electric vehicle adoption in communities across the country.